Part-Time Parent/Child Teacher
The Waldorf School of Santa Barbara is looking for a part-time Parent/Child Teacher with a firm understanding of Waldorf Education to help us grow our parent-child program. The teacher will support our newest families by creating a loving environment and work with parents to grow their understanding of Waldorf education and child development.
We are looking for a creative person with the ability to set up and lead our program. The successful candidate will be expected to provide a simple and nutritious snack, be able to facilitate simple parent crafts, lead circle and story, and model rhythm and the observation of the children while meeting their diverse needs. The teacher must provide reading material for the parents and when possible lead short discussions about parenting and education. Set up and clean up will also be a part of this position as well as working with other teachers and administration with the promotion of the classes.
Qualifications to be considered:
- Waldorf training or a desire to learn about Waldorf education is considered a must.
- 12 California ECE units recommended.
- Safety and Nutrition EC units recommended.
- All state required vaccines must be current as well as having current TB test results.
- Candidate must also be CPR and First Aid certified.
- Candidate must undergo Live Scan (fingerprinting) and a background check prior to being hired.
This Position will start in September 2018 until June 2019. Compensation is paid per class as they fill. Inquire for details in person. We will start the school year with two classes and hope to add more as we gain interest.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, short biography and three references to:
Thank you in advance for your submission.